Sunday, February 21, 2010

CSI Akron: The Great Mouse Murder Caper

Please stay back from the yellow tape, this area has been marked as the scene of a most gruesome crime. 

WARNING: This blog post contains content of a graphic nature. If you are a queasy-type of individual, you are advised to navigate to another site with content of a lighter, more positive and uplifting nature.

While making my usual rounds about the house this morning, I found myself in the basement doing some menial tasks. As I walked by the cats' litter boxes, I noticed a lump of matter on the cold concrete floor.

Short Sidebar: Lately Java has been having these fits of consuming Sharon's hair when she finds it in the carpet (and if you know Sharon, you know how long her hair is). When Java needs to defecate, she can't quite get the last 'piece' from her rear, as it is attached to a piece of hair . . . which just fails to want to exit her orfice. This results in fecal matter being dragged about the basement until such time as it is released. YES, it is annoying. Thankfully it doesn't happen every day. I have taken disciplinary measures with Java to minimize this practice.

This considered, the lump of matter on the concrete floor appeared to be one such object described in the sidebar.  As I drew closer to the object, it . . . well, it wasn't.  It was the carcass of a mouse.  The trail leading up to the final moments of the crime look like this:



Clearly, the victim of this crime has not read my previous blog posting, where I described what happens to mice that infiltrate the confines of our abode.  To refresh, I specifically wrote:

 . . . if you're a bad mouse, let this serve as a warning to you

and the name of the blog post was appropriately titled, "What Dillyn Does to Bad Mice".  Yes, I know that this very pointedly implicates that Dillyn committed this crime. Java just never seemed to be a 'mouser'; but who really knows.  We tried to identify the perp by examining the fur around both suspects mouths. But this hitman (or hit-cat, as it were) was clearly an experienced murderer, because there was no trace of blood on either of them. 

The only calling-card left by the assassin was this very mutilated and disfigured body (click the link ONLY if you are sadistic - you have been duly warned).  Left for Dead

As the CSI team cleaned the mess, Dillyn wandered by and wanted to have a quick sniff of the mess - completely unphased by what she was witnessing - as if she had never seen this before - almost aloof.  As she was asked to stand behind the yellow Police tape, I wondered to myself if she could be such a cold-blooded killer - had she no conscience as to what she saw? Or was she indeed so soulless that she would visit the crime scene to take in the beauty of what she had done?

Without proper trial, neither suspect will be implicated for the crime (but the writer of this post fingers Dillyn as the executioner).

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Bryan had me come downstairs to look at "something". He said I just had to see it. I had no clue what I was in for. I looked down and almost touched it. When he told me it was a dead mouse I must have jumped back a mile.

I'm so happy she did not bring the dead mouse upstairs.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was Dillyn? Java was upset about the 'fecal-hair' story you blogged and she wanted to murder you, but chose the mouse instead! So beware master-B, you may be next! Bw

Bryan said...

Oh Barb, you're freaking me out. It crossed my mind that perhaps this aggression was fueled from not being fed at any/every given whim.

Diane (Mom) said...

I am sure it could not be Dillyn, as she is so....perfect.!

Anonymous said...

given the fact that u have chosen to discipline java for what is clearly not her fault, i suspect u have a revenge killing on ur hands. I know I would be itching for a payback if it were me, justifiably i am sure. ah

Unknown said...

Wow - now that is a great mouse hunter! Glad I didn't open this when I got your note - we were at dinner! :)

Mike

Sharon said...

Hmmmm...I am beginning to wonder if maybe it was Java. She is a silent deviant type, so maybe it is she. After all, it is Java who pee'd three times on me! The subject is up for debate.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, you make me want to blog... Just saying....

-Roger

Anonymous said...

This is an instant classic! Our cat tends to do the same things, which is why we don't let him outside. - Rick and Beth